In 2014 Alan Peacock the owner of Independent Signs Ltd discussed Community Service and possible initiatives with a Lincoln Envirotown Responsible Business Assessor. This discussion ended with every Primary School in Selwyn being offered 10 fruit trees or bushes each year for five years.
- Every Primary School in Selwyn
- Since 2015 around 700 fruit trees have been planted in school grounds
- School students gave input into which trees should be ordered and where they should be planted.
- A consortium of Rolleston Izone businesses support the scheme which is managed by Lincoln Envirotown.
- The project is being replicated in other Districts.